A man accused of breaking into the home of actress Sandra Bullock earlier this month has been charged with gun possession after detectives discovered an "arsenal of weapons" inside his residence, prosecutors said Wednesday.
- Download: Download the NBCLA app
During his arraignment, Joshua James Corbett pleaded not guilty to more than a dozen felony charges, including seven counts of possession of a machine gun, two counts of possession of an assault weapon and 10 counts of possession of a destructive device, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office said.
A judge set his bail at $2 million "based on the protection of the public, the protection of the victim and the seriousness of the offense."
The 39-year-old man was wearing a yellow jail-issued shirt, which indicates he has mental health issues.
Corbett also pleaded not guilty last week to stalking the Oscar-winner and burglarizing her house.
Los Angeles police detectives searched Corbett's Montrose home after the June 8 break-in, though prosecutors said he did not have a gun while on Bullock’s property.
Corbett is set to return to cour early next month.
If convicted on the new charges, Corbett is facing more than a dozen years in county jail, prosecutors said.
Bullock was in her Los Angeles home when police say Corbett jumped the fence surrounding her house and broke in. She was not injured.