Ex-NBA All-Star Welcome Back at OC Fair Hoops, Despite Epic Prize Haul | NBC Connecticut

Ex-NBA All-Star Welcome Back at OC Fair Hoops, Despite Epic Prize Haul

His kids appeared to be the biggest winners, but the former NBA All-Star posted on his Instagram account that he had been banned from the basketball hoops.

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Getty Images
    After Gilbert Arenas posted a picture with prizes he won at the Orange County Fair claiming he had been banned from the hoops attraction, OC Fair officials said Tuesday, July 28, 2015, that Arenas is welcome to the fair and the attraction. In this file photo, Arenas #0 during the 2006 NBA Playoffs at the Verizon Center on April 30, 2006 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)

    Former NBA player Gilbert Arenas visited the Orange County Fair on Sunday, and posted on Instagram that he was banned from the fair's basketball games after he claimed just about every prize imaginable.

    But OC Fair officials said Tuesday that Arenas is welcome back anytime at the fair's basketball games. 

    His kids appeared to be the biggest winners, but the former NBA All-Star said on his Instagram account that he had been banned from the basketball hoops.

    "I'd say he looks pretty happy in the picture,'' said Chris Lopez, vice president of RCS, the company that runs the carnival attractions. "Makes me wonder how he got all that home?"

    Arenas won 15 prizes on Sunday, reaching the OC Fair's limit. The fair has a policy of one prize a day, and has 15 basketball-shooting games total, according to Robin Wachner, a spokeswoman for the OC Fair.

    RCS and fair officials said they were unaware of Arenas' success until they saw it on social media, Wachner said.

    For those wondering, Arenas' use of the hashtag "Hibachi" references his on-court habit of screaming "Hibachi" as he released a shot -- typically a three-pointer. More often than not, he made those shots, too.

    Shahan Ahmed and Jessica Rice contributed to this report