Summer will hang on for another week and a half, but it’s time for parents across Connecticut to start thinking about the holidays.
Coach tickets for the Essex Steam Train's North Pole Express went on sale at 9 a.m. on Wednesday and more than 2,500 orders were placed in less than 45 minutes. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in December are already sold out, according to a post on the Essex Steam Train Facebook page.
A trip on the North Pole Express is a magical journey for children across Connecticut and beyond.
If you have not yet had the experience, every coach becomes the stage for a live musical performance of “The Night Before Christmas.”
Children can wear pajamas and spend time with Santa and Mrs. Claus, take part in sing-a-longs and enjoy hot chocolate and sugar cookies.
If you are having trouble getting tickets, Essex Steam Train offers some hints for getting coach tickets:
- Use this link for a list of all available tickets.
- Change the pulldown menu, preset from 20 per page to 200 per page to see all available tickets on a single page.
- First Class tickets have a gold colored background, coach tickets have a transparent / white background
- If you sort by MANUFACTURER (default setting) tickets are sorted by departure date. If you sort by AVAILABILITY you will see the departures with the most tickets first.
- If you want to quickly see tickets available for a particular date, click on that date in the list along the left side, but you will need to click back out to see other dates.
- If a particular departure (time/date) does not display, the tickets are sold out. All dates and departures have some tickets available going into this morning's ticket sales.