Here is Connecticut, we know there is something special about Pepe’s pizza, but the now the world does too.
The New Haven-based pizzeria that has been serving slices since 1925 is being recognized by “TIME” magazine for one of the 13 most influential pizzas of all time.
The White Clam Pie from Frank Pepe’s Pizzeria is the 10th most influential on the TIME list because Pepe’s was “the first to put a completely unconventional topping on a sauceless pizza.”
The Pepe’s specialty pie comes with fresh clams, grated cheese, olive oil, fresh garlic and oregano.
If you have not tried it, you can head to one of seven locations in Connecticut or the one in Yonkers, NY.
The Connecticut locations are at:
- 157 Wooster Street in New Haven: 203-865-5762
- The Spot, 163 Wooster Street in New Haven: 203-865-5762
- 59 Federal Road, Danbury: 203-790-7373
- 238 Commerce Drive in Fairfield: 203-333-7373
- 221 Buckland Hills Drive, Manchester: 860-644-7333
- Mohegan Sun, 1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard in Uncasville: 860-862-8888
- 1148 New Britain Ave. in West Hartford: 860-236-7373