Counter Intelligence: Greek Riots, Texting Subs & Dr. Horror
The Navy may have come up with an innovative way to communicate with submarines: text messaging.
Here's a daily list of fascinating articles that will wow your friends, surprise your co-workers and make you seem sharp at a cocktail party or over the lunch counter...
- Read about the six web innovations of 2008 that could change your life or at least your time online.
- The birthplace of democracy, Greece has been grappling with widespread rioting. This civil unrest could a bellwether for the rest of the western world.
- Does serving one's country make a person an unfit parent? Some spouses are making that argument in custody battles.
- What's the best way for the U.S. Navy to stay in touch with submarines that are traveling deep beneath the ocean's surface? How about text messaging?
- Read the story of the destruction of an illicit global kidney donor ring in India. When the man behind it is nicknamed Dr. Horror, you know it can't be a good enterprise.