More Suspects in South Windsor Beatings Arrested

Police said the business owner and an employee were both assaulted.

Thursday, Feb 7, 2013  |  Updated 12:35 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
For the first time, we're hearing from one of the men who was viciously attacked last month at a South Windsor business.  Hear what he says about the attack and the arrests of three more suspects.

For the first time, we're hearing from one of the men who was viciously attacked last month at a South Windsor business. Hear what he says about the attack and the arrests of three more suspects.

South Windsor Police have arrested three additional suspects in an attack last month on the owner of Forced Induction Motor Sports, LLC on Edwin Street, and an employee.

Last month, police arrested Nathaniel “Nate” Chambers, 27, of Meriden. a former Sergeant in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Chambers was honorably discharged from the Guard in September 2012, according to Col. John Whitford.

The victims were identified as Robert Lareau, 28, of Enfield, the business owner; and his employee, Ryan Kelleher, 21, of Windsor.

Kelleher called police at 9:20 p.m. on the night of the attack to report that he and his boss had been beaten at the business, which is located at 51 Edwin St., police said.

Lareau was not responsive when police arrived.

Both had head and facial wounds and were taken to Hartford Hospital, police said. Lareau is in intensive care, according to police.

No guns were used, police said.

Police previously said they are pursuing information on other possible suspects.

On Wednesday, Jose Ramos, 40, of Meriden, was charged with assault in the first degree, robbery in the first degree, stealing a firearm, unlawful restraint in the first degree, threatening in the second degree, and larceny in the sixth degree.  He was held on $400,0000 surety bond and will be presented at Manchester Superior Court on Thursday.

Police served an arrest warrant on Luis Ruiz, 20, of Meriden, charging him with robbery in the first degree, assault in the second degree and larceny in the sixth degree.  He was held on $75,000 surety bond and was presented at Manchester Superior Court on Wednesday.

Francisco Ruiz, 24, of Meriden, was charged with reckless endangerment in the second degree and breach of peace.  He was held on $10,000 surety bond and was also presented at Manchester Superior Court on Wednesday.
 

Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anytimeiPhone/iPad/Android App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
9/27-9/28 - Get Fit With NBC Connecticut!
The Health & Wellness Festival is back in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out