The police chief in Connecticut's largest city has pulled three officers off the streets after a video was posted online showing them kicking and stomping on a man they had already subdued with a stun gun.
Chief Joseph L. Gaudett Jr., learned about the video last week and ordered an internal affairs investigation.
"I'm concerned by what I saw and ordered the Office of Internal Affairs to conduct an immediate, thorough and timely investigation. If violations are found, we will take action," said Chief Gaudett.
In the video, a stun gun is heard being fired and a man falls to the ground at a park. Two officers stand over the motionless man and begin kicking him. A third officer drives up and attacks him. No complaint was filed.
Bridgeport city spokeswoman Elaine Ficarra said Saturday that all three officers are on desk duty while authorities investigate the May 2011 encounter.
Elson Morales, Joseph Lawlor and Clive Higgins are 10-year veterans of the police force. They couldn't be reached for comment.
The video was posted on YouTube this month. It's not clear who's filming or who posted the video.
Copyright Associated Press/NBC Connecticut