4-Month-Old Burned by Baseboard Heater: Police

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK
    A man told police he was shot in the hand in the parking lot of a post office in Milford.

    A baby girl whose face, chest and hand were apparently burned by a baseboard heater was rushed to the hospital early Monday morning and later transferred to Shriner’s Hospital in Boston for further treatment, according to New Haven police.

    The child, who lives in New Haven’s Fair Haven neighborhood, was treated at Yale-New Haven Hospital’s pediatric emergency department. She was stabilized and taken to Shriner’s, police said.

    The investigation is ongoing, but police said they believe the injuries to be accidental and think the child came into contact with a baseboard heater.

    No additional information was immediately available.