6 Teens Charged in Random Attacks in New Britain

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK
    New Britain police have arrested six teens suspected in random attacks that resemble the so-called “knockout game.”

    New Britain police have arrested six teens suspected in random attacks that resemble the so-called “knockout game.”

    People have been hit in the head in three random attacks in the same part of the city, just off South Main Street, according to authorities.

    The first reported attack happened on Cornelius Way on June 6.

    On June 8, there were two attacks on Bassett Street and Franklin Square, police said.

    A witness to two of the attacks said she saw a group knock down a man for no reason.  He had been standing by his car when it happened.

    Police suspect the same group is responsible. They made 17 separate arrests, charging six juveniles between the ages of 13 and 17 in the attacks.

    The teens were charged with third-degree assault, assault of an elderly person in the third degree, conspiracy to assault of an elderly person in the third degree, reckless endangerment in the first degree and breach of peace. 

    The teens will appear in Juvenile Court.

    Police said the victims’ injuries are not life threatening and they believe one other teen is involved. 

    Anyone with information should call the New Britain Police Department at 860-826-3000.  Anonymous tips may also be made on the Community Tip Line at (860) 826-3199. 
     

    Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anytimeiPhone/iPad/Android App | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS