Access Health CT opened its toll-free call centers last week to provide Connecticut residents and small business owners with information about health care coverage and health insurance enrollment under the Affordable Care Act.
The health insurance agency will also host a number of "Healthy Chat" information sessions to help Connecticut residents and small business owners navigate health care enrollment.
This month, Healthy Chats will take place on the following days:
- Saturday, Sept. 14: 11 a.m. registration, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Healthy Chat and Q&A, held at John S. Martinez School Auditorium at 100 James Street in New Haven (Spanish-friendly)
- Tuesday, Sept. 17: 6 p.m. registration, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Healthy Chat and Q&A, held at Pope Park Recreational Center multipurpose room at 30 Pope Park Drive in Hartford (Spanish-friendly)
- Thursday, Sept. 19: 6 p.m. registration, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Healthy Chat and Q&A, held at Ives Main Library program room, 133 Elm Street in New Haven
- Saturday, Sept. 21: 11 a.m. registration, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Healthy Chat and Q&A, held at Housatonic Community College at Beacon Hall Room 214, 900 Lafayette Blvd. in Bridgeport (Spanish-friendly)
- Tuesday, Sept. 24: 6 p.m. registration, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Healthy Chat and Q&A, held at the HRA of New Britain community room, 180 Clinton Street in New Britain (Spanish-friendly)
The call centers are open weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The number for the call centers is 1-855-805-HEALTH (4325).
The two centers are based in Hartford and New York City. Forty-two call center representatives are located in the Hartford center, which is based in the AHCT offices at 280 Trumbull Street, and 31 representatives are located in New York, according to the release.
According to AHCT CEO Kevin Counihan, “the call center will make it possible for Connecticut residents and small businesses to learn about their coverage options and to find out if they are eligible for financial help under the ACA.”
Call center representatives are knowledgeable in the details of the Affordable Care Act, as well as tax subsidies and health insurance enrollment, according to the release.
AHCT was created in 2011 the help insure Connecticut residents, promote health and lower health care costs. The goal is to provide online health insurance starting Oct. 1.