An attorney for the Jackson family told the New Haven Registerthat Jackson might have died of asphyxiation after choking on his own vomit.
The medical examiner found no drugs in the teen's system. Police told the Register they believe that alcohol was a factor in Jackson's death and they are considering charges against the owners of a home where Jackson was allegedly drinking before he died.
police are now waiting for autopsy and toxicology tests for possible charges.
Jackson's family told NBC Connecticut in June that they are confident someone would be held responsible for Jaquelle's death.