Communities Honor Victims of 9/11
Several ceremonies are taking place across Connecticut Wednesday.
On the 12th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks, communities across Connecticut are coming together to honor the lives lost.
WATCH: 9/11 ceremonies in New York here.
Here is a list of local events taking place today to commemorate 9/11:
- Milford: 8 a.m. ceremony at Jonathan Law High School football field.
- Avon: The Avon Volunteer Fire Department will hold its 9/11 Memorial Service at AVFD Company 1, 25 Darling Drive in Avon at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, September 11, 2013.
- Manchester: 8:30 a.m. ceremony at Manchester Firefighters Memorial Garden, 331 Tolland Turnpike.
- Middletown: 8:30 a.m. ceremony at South District Fire Dept. on Randolph Road.
- Woodbury: 8:30 a.m. ceremony at Hollow Park.
- Bridgeport: 9 a.m. ceremony at Margaret E. Morton Gov. Center, 999 Broad St..
- Farifield: 9 a.m. ceremony at Fire Headquarters, 140 Reep Rd., front ramp
- New Canaan: 9:45 a.m. ceremony at Vine Cottage on Main St..
- East Haven: 11 a.m. ceremony at Town Hall
- West Haven: 2 p.m. ceremony at the University of New Haven in the Maxcy Quad.
- Enfield: 6 p.m. ceremony at the 9/11 Memorial Garden at Station Two on Weymouth Road.
- Danbury: 6 p.m. ceremony at Elmwood Park on Main St.
- Bethel: 6:30 p.m. ceremony at South St Fire Headquarters and then proceed to the lawn of the municipal center with a start time of 7 p.m.
- Greenwich: 6:30 p.m. ceremony at Greenwich Town Hall.
- Wallingford: 7 p.m. New Life Church Community 9/11 Memorial Service, Mountain Ridge Campus, 350 High Hill Road.
Gov. Dannel Malloy has proclaimed Wednesday as "Honor our Heroes and Remembrance Day" in the State and is encouraging residents to join in a moment of silence at 8:46 a.m..
One hundred sixty one victims with ties to Connecticut were killed as a result of the 9/11 attacks.