It's such a tough job market out there that some grads are putting their desperation on their caps.
U.S. Rep. Joe Courtney is hosting a career fair in Norwich, the third he has helped to organize in the 2nd Congressional District.
Thirty-three employers that are actively hiring are expected to be at the Norwich Holiday Inn. The fair will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Courtney is expected to attend for the first hour.
Besides meeting with employers, attendees can receive professional help with resumes, and talk with representatives of local community colleges about job re-training and ways to sharpen job skills.
Courtney will talk with job-seekers and businesses about available tax credits for hiring veterans.
The following companies plan to attend:
- Gen. Dynamic - Advanced Info Systems
- Community Vocational Services
- Alpha Q Inc.
- The Day Publishing Company
- Holiday Inn
- Temporaries of New England, Inc.
- Westminster Tool
- Norwich Public Utilities
- Brio Academy of Niantic
- City of Norwich
- Dominion Nuclear Connecticut, Inc.
- Mystic Aquarium
- Quinebaug Valley Community College
- Pfizer Inc.
- Sonalysts, Inc.
- The Arc New London County
- CorePlus Federal Credit Union
- The William W. Backus Hospital
- Eastern Federal Bank
- AOK Consulting, Inc.
- Avon - Katherine Pollard
- Project Genesis
- Cumulus Broadcasting
- Liberty Bank
- Sheffield Pharmaceuticals
- Mohegan Sun
- Electric Boat - Employment Office
- Day Kimball Healthcare
- US Foods
- Thames Valley Council for Community Action, Inc. (TVCCA)
- Hall Communications, Inc.
- Foxwoods Resort Casino
Copyright Associated Press / NBC Connecticut