Man Dies After Being Burned in Shelton House Fire

By Ari Mason
|  Thursday, Jan 23, 2014  |  Updated 2:38 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Man Dies After Being Burned in Shelton House Fire

NBCConnecticut.com

Crews are responding to a house fire on Howe Avenue in Shelton.

The man who was pulled from a burning home in Shelton Wedensday evening has died, according to the fire marshal's office.

Firefighters arrived to find Michael Boroski unconscious on the first floor of a home at 593 Howe Avenue/Route 110 in Shelton.

Boroski was taken to the Bridgeport Hospital for treatment of burns, where died Thursday morning, fire officials said.

Four other residents were taken out of the top floor of the two-story home and were treated for minor injuries, according to the fire department.

Officials said the fire started in the living room of the first-floor apartment. They believe the blaze was accidental and was sparked by careless use of smoking materials.

Authorities said the fire was fully involved, but firefighters were nearby when the flames broke out and managed to knock it down within 10 minutes.

Howe Avenue/Route 110 was closed while crews responded to the scene.


View Larger Map

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
9/27-9/28 - Get Fit With NBC Connecticut!
The Health & Wellness Festival is back in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out