Residents of a home on Garden Court in Fairfield were evacuated Monday afternoon after a gas line burst outside the house, fire officials said.
The leak was reported shortly before 1 p.m. Emergency responders arrived on scene to find a natural gas line break outside a two-story home.
The house was evacuated and the gas line was shut off, according to the fire department.
Southern Connecticut Gas workers arrived on scene to make repairs. Firefighters cleared the scene by 2:30 p.m.
No one was injured. Residents are advised to check their utilities and change the batteries in their carbon monoxide and gas detectors on a regular basis.