Families Evacuated from Condemned Bristol Home

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    NBCConnecticut.com
    This building was condemned after a Connecticut Light & Power employee found water coming through roof and onto electrical panel.

    A Connecticut Light & Power employee is being credited with discovering a dangerous problem that led to a Bristol multifamily home being condemned yesterday. 

    Bristol police said the CL&P employee was sent to the 22 High Street because there was no electrical service. 

    The utility worker checked the basement and discovered that a steady stream of water was flowing from the ceiling onto an electrical panel.

    Bristol firefighters, police, members of the building inspector’s office and the building manager responded to the scene around 5 p.m. and the building inspector ordered the building condemned.

    Four families were evacuated and the American Red Cross is relocating them.


     

    Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anytimeiPhone/iPad/Android App | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | First Alert Weather Days