Hartford police are investigating the fourth shooting in three days in the state’s capital city.
Hours after a 23-year-old man died of a gunshot wound to the head on Monday, there was a shooting in the area of Barbour and Nelson streets on Tuesday afternoon.
The victim was shot in the arm and the injuries are not believed to be life-threatening, police said.
On Monday there was a shooting happened on Blue Hills Avenue around 7:30 p.m. on Monday, according to police.
Investigators sealed off the area near Blue Hills Avenue and Euclid Street as they investigated and witnesses reporting hearing several gunshots. The motive of the shooting remains unclear.
When Hartford Mayor Pedro Segarra delivered his state of the city address in March, he said that the city, for the first time in decades, entered mid-March without a homicide.
“This is the first time in decades that we have made it this far into the year without a single homicide,” Segarra said at the time. “It is not a coincidence. It is a consequence of the good work that our police chief, our shooting task force, our police, our communities, our faith communities. Everyone involved has achieved.”
On Sunday morning, there was a double shooting on Lawrence Street and one man was injured in a shooting near Albany Avenue and Sigourney Street on Sunday night.
The shootings come after a homicide last week.
On Wednesday, Felix DeJesus III, 40, of Cromwell, was killed in a shooting in Hartford. His father said he was meeting someone he connected with through Craigslist to sell an electronic tablet.
City councilwoman Cynthia Jennings said something needs to be done to stop the violence.
“Three in three days; it is much too much. It is very disheartening. We have to come up with a solution,” she said.
Gov. Dannel Malloy and Hartford Mayor Pedro Segarra will meet this morning to discuss violence in Connecticut cities and what can be done to tackle the problem.