One person was taken away in an ambulance from the scene of a fire on Marshal Street in Hartford.
A Hartford apartment went up in flames after after a two-alarm fire broke out Tuesday evening on Marshal Street.
It happened after 7 p.m. at a ninth-floor apartment at 10 Marshal Street. The apartment resident said he put something on the stove and went downstairs. When he came back, his entire kitchen was engulfed.
Witnesses said they heard a large boom and saw smoke spilling out of a top-floor apartment window.
One person was transported by ambulance to Saint Francis Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation and two people were treated at the scene, fire officials said.
The building tenants all made it out safely and no serious injuries were reported. Authorities at the scene said the fire was contained to one unit.
The Hartford Fire Investigation Unit responded and set up a command post outside the building.