Fire Destroys Home in Somers

Wednesday, Jul 24, 2013  |  Updated 12:21 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
A fire in Somers has left a 65 year old man homeless after his house was gutted by an intense blaze.

A fire in Somers has left a 65 year old man homeless after his house was gutted by an intense blaze.

advertisement

Heavy fire destroyed the house on Bilton Road in Somers this morning.

It broke out at 12:45 a.m.

The fire was so heavy that flames were coming out of every window and firefighters had to deal with downed wires and a nearby propane tank that threatened to strengthen the fire.

The fire is out and did not spread to any other houses, but a 65-year-old man is homeless.

He was not injured, according to officials.
 

Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anytimeiPhone/iPad/Android App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Get Fit With NBC Connecticut!
The Health & Wellness Festival is back in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out