Fire engulfed a barn at 89 Duncaster Road in Bloomfield this afternoon.
The fire broke out just before 12:30 p.m. No flames were visible but smoke was heavy. The fire has been knocked down and the barn is heavily damaged.
Fire officials at the scene said the fire broke out on the second floor and was likely caused by a wood stove. No one was inside at the time, but the owners, who live at a home in front of the barn, walked in and noticed the fire, then called for help.
The barn was being used for storage and contained antiques and cars. Firefighters said one car received minor damage. Everything on the second floor was destroyed, but property stored on the first floor, which is made of stone, remained intact.
The fire was knocked down within 20-to-30 minutes after firefighters arrived on scene, officials said.
According to The Hartford Courant, the barn was built in 1865 on a dairy farm and was later moved Duncaster Road.
No additional information was immediately available.