What’s your favorite pizza place?
The Daily Meal has just compiled its latest list of the top 101 pizzas in the country, and coming in at No. 1 is – you guessed it – Frank Pepe’s in New Haven.
Pepe’s white clam pie has been named the best pizza in the country. It’s one of five Connecticut establishments to snag a spot in the to 100, including two others in the top 15.
Local pizza shops to make the cut include:
- Frank Pepe's, of New Haven, at No. 1
- Sally’s Apizza, of New Haven, at No. 7
- Modern Apizza, of New Haven, at No. 11
- Colony Pizza, in Stamford, at. No. 27
- Roseland Apizza, in Derby, at No. 76
Not surprisingly, many of the other top pies hail from pizzerias in New York, but also listed are restaurants in Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Chicago and Washington, D.C., among others.
Some 77 pizza experts selected the top picks from a pool of more than 700 pizzas, according to the Daily Meal.