Gas Leak in Shelton Over

Thursday, Jan 9, 2014  |  Updated 10:29 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Gas Leak in Shelton Over

NBCConnecticut.com

There was a gas leak in the area of 500 Howe Avenue in Shelton this morning, but it has been fixed.

Officials said a pot was left on a burner at a restaurant overnight.

The gas leak happened about a block away from a devastating fire that collapsed a building and changed an entire block earlier this week.

Crews are also working on removing debris from the fire on Howe Street earlier this week.

Howe Avenue will be closed between Bridge and Center streets from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. today because of the fire investigation, police said.

Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anytimeiPhone/iPad/Android App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
9/27-9/28 - Get Fit With NBC Connecticut!
The Health & Wellness Festival is back in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out