A man who was installing gutters suffered electrical burns while falling from a ladder in Hartford this afternoon.
A 38-year-old man is in critical condition after a work accident in the area of 75 Van Block Avenue in Hartford this afternoon, according to fire officials.
The man, an A-1 Seamless Gutters worker, lost control of the ladder and pulled down a power line, electrifying a fence. There was an explosion but no fire, authorites said.
He was shocked and suffered severe burns to the face, hands, torso and chest. Officials said he was rushed to Hartford Hospital for treatment.
A witness said he was inside the apartment building at the time of the accident when he heard a loud boom and the power went out.
Connecticut Light & Power responded to the scene to de-energize the area.
The scene is mostly clear, but the street is still blocked off.