Gov. Dannel Malloy asked Connecticut residents to join Massachusetts in a moment of silence a week after the bombings that killed three people at the Boston Marathon.
"Connecticut stands with Massachusetts in honoring the victims of the tragedy last week in Boston," Malloy said in a statement.
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick planned a moment of silence for the state at 2:50 p.m. on Monday, exactly one week after the first explosion at the Boston Marathon finish line. Bells will ring across the city after a minute-long tribute to the victims.
Krystle Campbell, 29, Lu Lingzi, 23, and 8-year-old Martin Richard were all killed in the blasts. MIT Officer Sean Collier was shot and killed Thursday night by the bombing suspects, according to police.
"I've directed state agencies to join Massachusetts in a moment of silence at 2:50 today, and am encouraging Connecticut residents to do the same," Malloy said. "We thank law enforcement and first responders for their actions at the marathon and in the days that followed. Our thoughts remain with the victims of this senseless tragedy and the families mourning the loss of their loved ones."