A man was critically injured after police said he tampered with wires at this power substation on Grand Ave. in New Haven Thursday.
A man tampering with wires was shocked and caused a power outage to thousands in New Haven Thursday.
The man suffered third-degree burns after tampering with electrical wires at the Old English substation on Grand Avenue, according to New Haven police.
Nearly 3,300 United Illuminating customers lost power just after 4 p.m. as a result of the tampering. Power was restored around 7 p.m.
The man, who has not been identified, is in critical condition, according to police.