The jackpot for Friday night's Mega Millions drawing has jumped to $425 million, and the CT Lottery wants to help someone in Connecticut win the big prize.
The first 400 people in line at noon at the CT Lottery headquarters in Rocky Hill will be given a free Mega Millions "Quick Pick" ticket. The headquarters are located at 777 Brook Street in Rocky Hill.
Several lottery retailers will also be giving out free tickets at noon.
The last time anyone won the big prize was on Oct. 4.
Tickets are sold in 43 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The next drawing is at 11 p.m. on Friday and the estimated jackpot is $425 million, with a cash option of $228 million.
On Tuesday night, a Shelton man bought a Mega Millions ticket worth $1 million. Robert Rich bought a ticket that matched the first five numbers, but not the Mega Ball.
The cut-off time to purchase tickets is 10:45 p.m. on the day of the drawing.
Here is a list of the retailers offering a limited number of free tickets at noon:
- DaDa Grocery, 757 Meriden Road, Waterbury (200 tickets)
- JPs Corner Store, 773 Wolcott Road, Wolcott (100 tickets)
- Mobil on the Run, 330 Middle Street, Bristol (50 tickets)
- Newington Food Land, 60 Walsh Avenue, Newington (50 tickets)
- Sam’s Food Store, 1149 New Britain Avenue, West Hartford (50 tickets)
- Snack Plus II, 75 Putnam Avenue, Hamden (200 tickets)
- The Corner Store, 500 Silas Deane Highway, Wethersfield (50 tickets)