Police are investigating a threat made by a student against the Woodrow Wilson Middle School, according to police.
There is additional police presence at Woodrow Wilson Middle School in Middletown on Monday morning after a bomb threat was received, according to police.
The school opened as schedule Monday and classes are going on, but with extra security.
Police held a news conference on Monday morning and said the superintendent notified police last week.
They have not said when or how the threat was made, but a student is believed to have made it.
The Hartford bomb squad searched the building on Sunday and found nothing suspicious.
Parents were alerted and police checked all bags as students arrived this morning.
Nothing suspicious has been found and police said they have several leads in the case.
"They need to realize that any threats of any nature will be taken seriously, especially in light of things that have happened recently and that it's not a joke, and that it's not something that's funny," Lt. Heather Desmond, of Middletown Police said. "It's serious in nature and we need to treat it that way and that's not the way to get attention."
The investigation is ongoing. No arrests have been made.