2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar in the raw or granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. finely ground almonds
2 tsp. Lemon zest-finely grated (optional)
1 Sheet of puff pastry-thawed
3-4 Peaches-ripe, sliced thinly
As needed: sugar in the raw
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar in the raw, ground almonds and lemon zest. Mix thoroughly, reserve.
- Lay the sheet of cold, thawed pastry on the counter. Using a sharp knife, cut out a 9” circle using an inverted pie pan. Place this circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Dock the dough by pricking the inside surface of the cut out round with a fork many times. Do not dock the outer 1” of the dough.
- Sprinkle the docked part of the dough with the flour and sugar mixture evenly. (This mixture will help absorb some of the juices that will come out of the fruit. )
- Carefully arrange the sliced peaches in circles, with each slightly overlapping the previous. Do at least 3 circles starting with the outer circles first.
- Sprinkle the peaches with more sugar in the raw and a squeeze of lemon if desired.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until puffed, golden and the fruit is tender.
- Let cool 20 minutes or more, cut and serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com