New Haven’s 10 Most Wanted
Clockwise, from top left: Floyd Harris, Tahmon Howard, Oscar Rosales, William Hill, Kevin Jones and Tyrone Stevenson. Photos of the other people on the list were not released.
After being designated the fourth most dangerous city in the United States, New Haven is increasing efforts to capture the 10 most wanted suspects.
"These people are that have high-risk warrants, who we can target imminently, take them out of the community," said New Haven Assistant Police Chief John Velleca.
Police plan to release a list each month so the community knows who they are looking for.
Those high-risk warrants include charges of assault, arson and robbery, and police say many of the most wanted have been previously convicted of felonies. Others may not have a prior record but are wanted for violent crimes in the city.
Following are the names released:
- Oscar Rosales, 30, a convicted felon, is wanted in connection with a stabbing on Nov. 30, 2008. Charges include first-degree assault and robbery.
- Adrian Clark, 24, is wanted in connection with a verbal dispute on June 25, 2003. Charges include carrying a pistol without a permit, unlawful discharge, first-degree assault, first-degree reckless endangerment and risk of injury.
- Kevin Rivers, 18, is wanted in connection with a street robbery with gun. Charges include first-degree robbery, second-degree larceny and first-degree unlawful restraint.
- William D. Hill, 18, is wanted in connection with a street robbery on Aug. 17, 2010. Charges include second-degree assault, third-degree robbery and second-degree larceny.
- Tahmon Howard, 35, is accused of setting a fire after a dispute on Oct. 14, 2010. Charges include first-degree arson and reckless burning. He is a convicted felon, according to New Haven police.
- Tyrone Stevenson, 21, is accused of setting a fire after a dispute on July 24, 2010. Charges include reckless burning and first-degree reckless endangerment.
- Donnie Andrews, 17, is wanted in connection with a shooting on Feb. 22, 2011. Charges include first-degree assault, carrying a pistol without a permit and first-degree reckless endangerment.
- Kevin Jones, 35, is wanted in connection with a shooting on Oct. 9, 2010. Charges include first-degree attempted assault and criminal possession of a pistol. Jones is a convicted felon, police said.
- Floyd Harris Jr., 49, is wanted in connection with a stabbing on Jan. 31, 2005. Charges include first-degree assault and carrying a dangerous weapon.
- Darris Snow, 20, is wanted in connection with stolen autos and fights in April 2010, and in April, October and December 2010. Charges include second-and-third-degree assault, sixth-degree larceny, reckless endangerment and threatening.