After being designated the fourth most dangerous city in the United States, New Haven is increasing efforts to capture the 10 most wanted suspects.
"These people are that have high-risk warrants, who we can target imminently, take them out of the community," said New Haven Assistant Police Chief John Velleca.
Police plan to release a list each month so the community knows who they are looking for.
Those high-risk warrants include charges of assault, arson and robbery, and police say many of the most wanted have been previously convicted of felonies. Others may not have a prior record but are wanted for violent crimes in the city.
Following are the names released:
- Oscar Rosales, 30, a convicted felon, is wanted in connection with a stabbing on Nov. 30, 2008. Charges include first-degree assault and robbery.
- Adrian Clark, 24, is wanted in connection with a verbal dispute on June 25, 2003. Charges include carrying a pistol without a permit, unlawful discharge, first-degree assault, first-degree reckless endangerment and risk of injury.
- Kevin Rivers, 18, is wanted in connection with a street robbery with gun. Charges include first-degree robbery, second-degree larceny and first-degree unlawful restraint.
- William D. Hill, 18, is wanted in connection with a street robbery on Aug. 17, 2010. Charges include second-degree assault, third-degree robbery and second-degree larceny.
- Tahmon Howard, 35, is accused of setting a fire after a dispute on Oct. 14, 2010. Charges include first-degree arson and reckless burning. He is a convicted felon, according to New Haven police.
- Tyrone Stevenson, 21, is accused of setting a fire after a dispute on July 24, 2010. Charges include reckless burning and first-degree reckless endangerment.
- Donnie Andrews, 17, is wanted in connection with a shooting on Feb. 22, 2011. Charges include first-degree assault, carrying a pistol without a permit and first-degree reckless endangerment.
- Kevin Jones, 35, is wanted in connection with a shooting on Oct. 9, 2010. Charges include first-degree attempted assault and criminal possession of a pistol. Jones is a convicted felon, police said.
- Floyd Harris Jr., 49, is wanted in connection with a stabbing on Jan. 31, 2005. Charges include first-degree assault and carrying a dangerous weapon.
- Darris Snow, 20, is wanted in connection with stolen autos and fights in April 2010, and in April, October and December 2010. Charges include second-and-third-degree assault, sixth-degree larceny, reckless endangerment and threatening.