Three men are in Bridgeport Hospital after an explosion while they tried to light a propane water heater. The strong blast blew out a wall and knocked the house off its foundation.
One of the three men critically injured in an explosion at a house in Shelton on Monday afternoon has been upgraded.
Randy Fera, 59, of Stratford, is in fair condition as of Wednesday afternoon.
Luke Lauretti, 48, the brother of Shelton Mayor Mark Lauretti, and Gary Henry, 24, of Waterbury, remain in critical condition.
Mayor Lauretti said Luke was visiting his friend and helping two workers from Pioneer Gas Co. in the basement of the home 67 Wopowog Trail in Shelton when the blast happened.
The explosion occurred in the basement when the gas company employees attempted to light the pilot light to the hot water heater.
Henry suffered life-threatening injuries, according to police.
All three men were able to run from the home before being rushed to Bridgeport Hospital.
The Shelton Fire Marshal's office and Shelton police are investigating.