One Teen Burned in Fire Pit Accident

Friday, Nov 30, 2012  |  Updated 7:24 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
One Teen Burned in Fire Pit Accident

Getty Images

advertisement

A 16-year-old Torrington boy was transported to Bridgeport Hospital by LifeStar on Thursday after he was badly burned while pouring gasoline onto a backyard fire pit, according to authorities.

The teen was with two other teens in the backyard of  a home on Palmer Bridge Street when he added lighter fluid from a gasoline container to a fire pit.

The container caught fire, exploded and burned the teen's chest, rib and extremities, officials said.

Police said they received several 911 calls reporting a male running with his clothes on fire.

Neighbors attempted to extinguish the flames by using a fire extinguisher on him.

The teen is in stable condition. The other two teens with the victim were not injured.

Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anytimeiPhone/iPad/Android App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Get Fit With NBC Connecticut!
The Health & Wellness Festival is back in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out