Dog Killed in Meriden House Fire

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    NBCConnecticut.com
    A pet is missing after a fire in Meriden.

    A Meriden family lost their pet dog, Napoleon, in a fire in Meriden on Friday morning.

    The 11-year-old Jug -- Jack Russell Terrier/Pug mix, was missing after fire broke out at 14 Glen Place in Meriden around 5:30 a.m. Officials have since said the dog has died.

    When firefighters arrived this morning, the house was engulfed.

    Crews were able to put the fire out quickly, but officials said the house is inhabitable.

    Fortunately, the residents evacuated without injury.

    The road was blocked as emergency crews respond.

    Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anytimeiPhone/iPad/Android App | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | First Alert Weather Days