Primary Elections Coming Up Next Week
Municipal primaries will be held next Tuesday in 21 cities and towns around the state.
Municipal primaries will take place next Tuesday in 21 cities and town around the state.
The polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sept. 10.
Voters should register by mail by Thursday, Sept. 5 or in person at their local Registrar of Voters office by Monday, Sept. 9, according to the office of the Secretary of the State.
Absentee ballots are available now and must be turned in at the Town Clerk by 8 p.m. next Tuesday.
The General election takes place Nov. 5.
The cities towns holding primaries this month include (by party and position):
- Bethel: Republican party for First Selectman, Selectman, Police Commission
- Bridgeport: Democratic party for Common Council districts 132-1, 132-2, 135-1, 135-2, 135-3, 136-1, 136-2, 136-3, 137-1, 137-2, Board of Education
- Cromwell: Republican party for Town Council
- East Haven: Democratic party for Mayor, Town Council districts 1 through 5, Board of Education, Board of Finance
- Enfield: Republican, Councilman at Large
- Haddam: both parties, Town Clerk
- Killingworth: Republican, First Selectman, Selectman, Town Clerk, Town Treasurer, Board of Finance, Board of Assessment Appeals, Planning and Zoning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals Fire Commission, Reg. Board of Education
- Lisbon: Republican, Board of Education
- Middletown: Democrat, Planning and Zoning Commission
- Milford: Democrat, Board of Education
- New Haven: Democrat, Mayor, City Clerk, Alderman districts 2, 4, 7, 8, 11, 14, 19, 20, 22, 26, 27
- North Haven: Democrat, Selectman
- Norwalk: Democrat, Mayor
- Norwich: Democrat, Mayor
- Sherman: Democrat, Selectman
- South Windsor: Republican, Town Council
- Stratford: Democrat, Mayor, Council 3
- Stamford: Democrat, Mayor, Board of Representatives districts 6, 13
- Stamford: Republican: Mayor, Board of Representatives districts 13, 18
- Torrington: Democrat, Mayor
- West Haven: Democrat, Mayor, Treasurer, Tax Collector, Board of Education, Board of Assessment Appeals, Council at Large, Council districts 1-10
- Woodbury: Republican, First Selectman