A construction site at 146 Hopmeadow St. in Simsbury and businesses were evacuated on Wednesday morning because of a propane leak.
According to the Simsbury Fire Department, the leak is in a propane tank that is underground at the construction site. They called the incident a construction accident. Traffic was rerouted around the area, according to police.
Fire officials said a construction crew was using an access road to get behind a law office to work on a new building set away from the street when a member of the crew ran over the dome of a 1,000 gallon gas tank.
The gas was shut off so the tank can be repaired.
The law office was evacuated and the construction site was temporarily shut down.
No other buildings were affected, including the Dunkin' Donuts next door.
No injuries are reported.
The scene was cleared around 11 a.m.