Some State Parks Close Sunday
Rocky Neck State Park is closed for the day because it's at capacity.
Some state parks, lakes and beaches have closed Sunday afternoon because they are at capacity.
Many people spent time outside at the parks, on boats and at the beaches in the sunshine following a stormy July 3 and 4.
These are the latest closures, as of 3:43 p.m.
- Squantz Pond State Park, New Fairfield, as of 3 p.m.
- Kent Falls State Park, Kent, as of 2:30 p.m.
- Lake Waramaug State Park, Kent, as of 2:30 p.m.
- Pattaconk Lake, Chester, as of 2 p.m.
- Gardner Lake state boat launch, Salem, as of 1:45 p.m.
- Wadsworth Falls State Park, Middletown, as of 1:30 p.m.
- Millers Pond State Park, Durham, as of 1:30 p.m.
- Mount Tom State Park, Washington, as of 1 p.m.
- Latins Cove State boat launch on Candlewood Lake, Danbury, as of 1 p.m.
- Lake Lillinonah, Bridgewater, as 1 p.m.
- Rocky Neck State Park, East Lyme, as of noon
- Bantam Lake state boat launch, Bantam, as of 11 a.m.
More information on beach and state park closures will be provided as they become available.
You can also follow the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection on Twitter @CTDEPoutdoorrec for updates.