Planet Fitness has offered their business for any Branford resident who needs showering facilities and Branford’s YMCA is scheduled to be open on Thursday at noon for same service. Bring your own towels and toiletries.
- The city has charging stations for residents at three Bridgeport Public Library locations: Burroughs-Saden, Newfield and North Branch. There is also a charging station today at Margaret E. Morton Government Center, 999 Broad Street; it will be open until 5 p.m.
- Residents who have been without power since Hurricane Sandy hit the City can pick up meals ready to eat on Friday, Nov. 2 from noon to 5 p.m. at Kennedy Stadium, located behind Central High School. Depending on demand, distribution may be extended to Saturday at a time to be determined.
- Residents are asked to use the Lincoln Boulevard entrance and follow signs to the back of the stadium. Residents should be prepared with the number of residents in their household, name, address and a telephone contact. Residents who do not have transportation can call the Bridgeport Emergency Operations Center at 203.579.3829 to coordinate a Meals Ready to Eat delivery.
- The Emergency Operations Center remains open. Residents should continue to call the Emergency Operations Center at 203.579.3829 with any storm-related concerns or questions.
Showers are available today from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Bacon Academy.
- Lunch and dinner meals will be provided free of charge at E.O. Smith High School on Route 195 Storrs.
- Limited bottled water and MREs will be available at the Coventry Public Works facility on Olsen Farms Road on Wednesday, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Only those without power, who really need these supplies, should request them since it will be several days for new supplies to be delivered. No ice is available. Debris disposal will be accepted free of charge at the Town gravel pit on South Street Extension (off of Plains Road) during daylight hours through Monday. Nov. 12th. No town-wide collection or chipping is planned.
- Showers are available at Coventry High School gym locker rooms from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Bring your own shower supplies and towels. Enter on side auditorium entrance.
Darien Library is open until 11 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday.
The YMCA is open till 10 p.m. tonight for showers and recharging.
East Lyme/Old Lyme
- East Lyme Community Center, 41 Society Road, is open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. until further notice. Residents are asked to sign in with name and address when they come in. Only those still without power at their homes, or special needs residents, are now eligible for the hot meal at dinnertime, since restaurants and supermarkets are open for business. Coffee, snacks and fellowship are available at all times for everyone.
- The Center now has 5 lb. bags of ice, as well as bottled water and MREs (Meals Ready To Eat) to distribute.
- Cable TV and WiFi are working. The landline is still not operational.
- Two shower stations are set up at the Respite Center and will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. In addition, showers will be open at the high school on Lyme Street from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday,
- Saturday and Sunday. Bring your own towels, soap and personal toiletries, and please leave the area neat for the next person.
- In addition, the YMCA in Westbrook is offering free showers to all shoreline residents. The YMCA is open from 5 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. daily.
Momentum Fitness Studio, on Post Road is offering free hot showers. Bring your own towel.
The Community/Senior Center at 321 New Britain Ave. will be open as a charging and comfort center on Wednesday. Oct. 31, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. It will not be open as an overnight shelter. The Plainville YMCA has extended shower facilities to Farmington residents without power starting on Wednesday Oct. 31, from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Meals-Ready-To-Eat and Bottled Water are available to for those who have no food or the ability to prepare food. They are being distributed until 6 p.m. on Wednesday at Poquonnock Plains Park on Fort Hill Rd in Groton.
Guilford Savings Bank branches, including Guilford Main, Guilford Plaza, Branford, North Madison and Old Saybrook Offices have free charging stations for your electronic devices. They are also offering free hot coffee and cookies at these locations. Open from 9 am. to 4 p.m. to utilize our services.
The Mansfield Community Center is open as a Respite Center from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. The Respite Center is providing showering facilities, charging stations for your electronics, coffee and water. Potable water stations are now available at the Mansfield Community Center and Town Hall. Non-potable water is available at each of the three fire stations. Bring your own containers.
- Meals Ready to Eat (MRE), bottled water, and tarps are available at Fire Station 6, 204 Melba Street and Fire Station 8, 349 Naugatuck Avenue.
- Hot lunches (11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. daily) and bagged dinners (5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. daily) are available at the Beth El Shelter, 90 New Haven Avenue.
- Continental breakfast, lunch and supper are available at the Milford Senior Center (weekdays).
- Showers are available at Planet Fitness, 179 Boston Post Road, Pilot Travel, 433 Old Gate Lane, and the Woodruff Family YMCA, 631 Orange Avenue.
- Charging stations are available during normal business hours at the Milford Public Library, 57 New Haven Avenue and Milford Chamber of Commerce, 5 Broad Street.
- The Milford Health Department, 82 New Haven Avenue, will refrigerate medication and supply power for nebulizers and other medical devices. The Milford Health Department is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On Friday, the City of New Haven will have emergency meals available to families in need of assistance due to Storm Sandy-related damages and power outages. Seven distribution sites will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The maximum number of meals available per household is four, unless additional need is demonstrated.
The seven sites are:
- Newhallville - 596 Winchester Avenue Police Substation
- Dwight – 150 Edgewood Avenue Police Substation
- Hill – 410 Howard Avenue Police Substation
- Fair Haven – Firehouse at 412 Lombard Street
- East Shore – Firehouse at 510 Lighthouse Road
- East Shore—Firehouse at 826 Woodward Avenue
- Westville – Firehouse at 105 Fountain Street
The following firehouses are open as charging stations for those without power between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.:
- Lombard Station
- East Grand Ave Station
- Lighthouse Road Station
- Woodward Ave Station
Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk is open as of Wed., Oct. 31 and offering a free station to charge cell phones and use the Internet. Maritime Aquarium admission is not required. There’s free WiFi throughout the Aquarium.
- Residents without water because of loss of power can obtain drinking water at the Old Saybrook High School. Bring your own clean container to fill. Bottle water is also available free of charge.
- Public showers are available at the high school. Shower facilities include private stalls with hot water. There are also private areas for parents who need to bathe their children. Showers will be available until 8 p.m. this evening.
- A charging station remains at the high school for you to re-energize your cell phone, mobile device and laptop batteries. Bring your charger. Free WiFi is also available. There are also Meals Ready To eat. The Recovery Center is open until 8 p.m. tonight and will reopen tomorrow at 5 a.m.
- Water and Meals Ready to Eat are available at Yanity Gym from noon until 4 p.m. Enter from the Governor Street entrance.
- Public Information Posting locations are: Town Hall, Parks & Rec, Founder’s Hall, Ancona’s, Stop & Shop, Ridgebury Fire Station 2 and the Valero Gas Station at the Route 7/Danbury Road intersection.
- Drinking water filling stations are set up at the Ridgefield Playhouse, Parks & Recreation and Fire Station 2 on Old Stagecoach Road. Non-drinking water is available at Fire Station 2 only. Founders Hall is open from 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. for adults who wish to use WiFi and charging stations.
- The Ridgefield Playhouse has free family movies today at 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
- The Ridgefield Library at its temporary location (Balducci’s) is open with heat, WiFi and some computers/internet. All children’s programs scheduled for Thursday and Friday are canceled.
- Town Hall lower level is open for WiFi and charging from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Residents needing food, water and a place to charge their cell phones can find these services at Simsbury Town Hall.
Comfort Station at Westhill High School until 8 p.m. on Thursday. Residents without power can access toilets and showers, potable water and miscellaneous comfort items. Bring your own towels and toiletries. Bring your own containers for water. Extended hours will be added, if necessary.
Shelter: Stamford High School
Charging station: Ferguson Library, main branch, is available to residents to charge cell phones and electronic devices. The library will be open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., on Thursday and Friday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. Going forward, Stamford will assess conditions to determine if additional extended public hours are required.
Elmwood Community Center, 1106 New Britain Ave., is open for showers beginning at 6 a.m. on Wednesday and will be open as a convenience center for the charging of phones and computers throughout the day. All three public libraries and Town Hall will be open as normal. Showering stations, however, are only available at the Elmwood Community Center.
West Haven Police Department in the Community Room, at 200 Saw Mill Road.
The Westport Center for Senior Activities, 21 Imperial Ave., will be open to the public for Wi-Fi, charging and to warm-up until 4:30 p.m. on Thursday and from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday. An updated message will be released on Friday regarding the weekend schedule.
The center will be sheltering only the frail elderly and persons in need of assistance with health needs. If you have a medical emergency or need, you should call 911. Please bring clean bed linens, sheets, blankets, pillows and hand towels. Tthere are no showers.