Smoke Fills UConn Health Center OR

Smoke condition happened during a medical procedure.

By Bob Connors
|  Tuesday, Nov 15, 2011  |  Updated 3:29 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Smoke Fills UConn Health Center OR

NBC Connecticut

Fire trucks outside the UConn Health Center Tuesday after smoke was detected inside an operating room.

advertisement

An equipment malfunction caused a scare during a procedure in an operating room at the UConn Health Center Tuesday morning.

Firefighters were called to the hospital in Farmington around 10 a.m.

A compressor in a sub-basement created a smoke condition in the operating room, according to Maureen McGuire, a hospital spokesperson. The medical staff was continued with the procedure while firefighters investigated.

Emergency crews were able to ventilate the room before it had to be evacuated, McGuire said.

Fire officials gave the all clear around 11 a.m. No one was hurt.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Get Fit With NBC Connecticut!
The Health & Wellness Festival is back in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out