Smoke Fills UConn Health Center OR

Smoke condition happened during a medical procedure.

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    NBC Connecticut
    Fire trucks outside the UConn Health Center Tuesday after smoke was detected inside an operating room.

    An equipment malfunction caused a scare during a procedure in an operating room at the UConn Health Center Tuesday morning.

    Firefighters were called to the hospital in Farmington around 10 a.m.

    A compressor in a sub-basement created a smoke condition in the operating room, according to Maureen McGuire, a hospital spokesperson. The medical staff was continued with the procedure while firefighters investigated.

    Emergency crews were able to ventilate the room before it had to be evacuated, McGuire said.

    Fire officials gave the all clear around 11 a.m. No one was hurt.