The estate of Pauline Johnson (left), who died along with her husband and three grandchildren in a Christmas morning fire, has filed notice of intent to sue the City of Stamford.
Six months after the Christmas morning fire that ripped through the house at 2267 Shippan Avenue, the City of Stamford is once again being accused of improperly handling the aftermath.
Lily, Sarah and Grace Badger and their grandparents Lomer and Pauline Johnson died in what investigators ruled an accidental fire.
The estate of Pauline Johnson notified Stamford of its intent to sue Monday. It was six months to the day since the fire, and legally the last day to file a claim against the city.
The notice of intent to sue was filed by Wade Johnson, administrator of Pauline Johnson's estate.
"The Estate intends to pursue claims for property damage, personal injury and civil rights violations arising from and as a result of the negligent and otherwise wrongful conduct of the City of Stamford," the letter to the city clerk stated.
Wade Johnson is the son of Pauline and Lomer Johnson, and the brother of Madonna Badger. Badger escaped the fire that claimed the lives of her three daughters and her parents.
The letter alleges that Pauline Johnson lost more than $3 million in personal property and all evidence in the fire when the city of Stamford tore down the house. Stamford officials have said that the house was taken down for safety reasons.
It is the third lawsuit the city is facing in connection with the fire. Madonna Badger, and her estranged husband, Matthew, have each filed their own intent to sue.