Police Arrest Third Suspect in Westport Robbery Case

View Comments ()



    Westport police have arrested two suspects in a robbery at TD Bank on Wednesday afternoon.

    Police arrested the third and final suspect involved in a TD Bank robbery on Post Road East in Westport late Wednesday afternoon, police said.

    Derek Gilliam, 27, of Bridgeport,  is one of three people who robbed TD Bank at 1111 Post Road East just before 5 p.m. on Wednesday, according to police. Police arrested Lancelot Andrew Supersad, 19, and Anthony Santiago, 20, of Bridgeport, both also from Bridgeport, earlier this week. One of them had a gun.

    Detectives found Gilliam with the assistance of Stratford police and the New York Police Department after he fled Connecticut and hid in Brooklyn, New York. Police took him into custody at 10 p.m. on Friday.

    He is being held at the 67th Precinct in Brooklyn on fugitive from justice charge until his extradition back to Connecticut to face further charges of first-degree robbery, third-degree larceny and conspiracy to commit those crimes.

    After stealing cash from TD Bank Wednesday, the robbers fled on Morningside Drive, according to police.

    As police were searching for a car matching the description witnesses gave, they noticed a man walking in the area of Greens Farms Road and Westway Road.

    He tried to hide from officers, but police were able to take him into custody and found evidence of the robbery, police said.

    The man asked to be taken to Norwalk Hospital for a medical issue and was brought to the police department after being released.

    Supersad, 19, was arrested and charged with first-degree robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery and first degree, third-degree larceny, conspiracy to commit larceny in the third degree.

    He is being held on a $100,000 bond and was scheduled to be arraigned in Norwalk Superior Court July 3.

    At 1:45 a.m. on Thursday, Westport police arrested Santiago. He was charged with first-degree robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery in the first degree, larceny in the third degree and third-degree conspiracy to commit larceny.

    He was held on a $100,000 bond and was scheduled to be arraigned in Norwalk Superior Court on Thursday.

    The Westport Police Department asks anyone who witnessed the suspects leaving the scene or has any additional information to call Westport police at 203-341-6080.

    Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anytimeiPhone/iPad/Android App | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | First Alert Weather Days