Today marks the seventh annual National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, and collection centers are being set up around the country to gather old or unwanted prescription drugs.
The event, hosted by the Drug Enforcement Administration, is designed to curb the abuse, misuse and theft of prescription drugs, particularly painkillers.
Collection centers are open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Here are a few collection centers in the Hartford area:
- Hartford Police Department at 253 High Street in Hartford
- East Hartford Public Safety Complex at 31 School Street in East Hartford
- West Hartford Town Hall at 50 South Main Street in West Hartford
- CVS Pharmacy at 484 Windsor Avenue in Windsor
- Bloomfield Community Center at 330 Park Avenue in Bloomfield
- CVS Pharmacy at 713 West Main Street in New Britain
- South Windsor Police Department at 151 Sand Hill Road in South Windsor
- Riverfront Community Center at 300 Wells Street in Glastonbury
- Bolton Resident Trooper at 222 Bolton Center Road in Bolton
- Middlefield Resident State Trooper at 405 Main Street in Middlefield
For a full list of collection centers and more information, visit the DEA website.