No Dangerous Substance Found at Manchester Home

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK
    NBCConnecticut.com
    The Manchester Fire Department and the Dept. of Energy and Environmental protection are investigating after an envelope filled with white powder was found at a home on Birch Street.

    Authorities said no dangerous substances were present at the Manchester home where a resident opened an envelope full of white powder earlier today.

    According to Manchester Asst. Fire Chief Dave Billings, a man who lives in a duplex at 126 Birch Street opened a letter containing suspicious powder around 4:50 this afternoon. He threw the letter away outside and promptly washed his hands, Billings said.

    Another adult and a child were also home at the time. The residents were not affected by the powder, according to Billings.

    The Dept. of Energy and Environmental Protection arrived to investigate. The Manchester Fire Department was placed on standby.

    Birch Street was shut down while authorities investigated but reopened around 7 p.m.


    View Larger Map