A man who suffered life-threatening injuries after a porta-potty fire at a park in Maryland's Prince George's County has died.
A Maryland State Police trooper saw the fire at 7 a.m. Tuesday in the 10100 block of Rhode Island Avenue in College Park, at the Sunnyside Neighborhood Playground.
Fire officials say the trooper used fire extinguishers inside his cruiser to put out enough of the fire to pull the victim from the porta-potty.
Fire crews arrived at the scene and extinguished the remaining flames.
The man, who was in his early 20s, was airlifted to a burn unit in critical condition. He died Tuesday afternoon, police said.
Authorities said it's possible that the fire started as a suicide attempt, but the investigation is ongoing.
- Va. Sen. Creigh Deeds Stabbed; Son Dead at Home
- Duo Charged With Theft of Puppy, Credit Card Fraud
- Liberty U Student Killed by Campus Police Officer
- Police: Man Shot by Officers Made False Murder Confession
- Walmart to Open First D.C. Stores Dec. 4