Municipal primaries will be taking place in 21 Connecticut communities on Tuesday.
Democrats and Republicans have until noon today to register in person for primaries and unaffiliated voters have the same deadline to enroll with a major party to vote.
Polls will be open on Tuesday from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m. for municipal primaries on Tuesday September 10, 2013.
Absentee ballots are available. To be counted for the municipal primary, they must be received by town clerks’ offices no later than 8 p.m. on Tuesday.
Voters can go to the Secretary of the State’s website www.sots.ct.gov to see if they are registered to vote and where their polling place is located. Primaries will be taking place in the following communities:
- Bethel: Republican for First Selectman, Selectman, Police Commission
- Bridgeport: Democrat for common council districts 132-1, 132-2, 135-1, 135-2, 135-3, 136-1, 136-2, 136-3, 137-1, 137-2, board of education
- Cromwell: Republican, town council
- East Haven: Democrat, mayor, town council districts 1-5, board of education, board of finance
- Enfield: Republican: Councilman at Large
- Haddam: Republican and Democrat, town clerk
- Killingworth: Republican, first selectman, selectman, town clerk, town treasurer, board of finance, board of assessment appeals, planning and zoning commission, ZBA fire commission, Reg. Bd of Ed-2yr. Vacancy
- Lisbon: Republican, board of education
- Middletown: Democrat, planning and zoning commission
- Milford: Democrat, board of education
- New Haven: Democrat, mayor, city clerk, alderman districts 2, 4, 7, 8, 11, 14, 19, 20, 22, 26, 27
- North Haven: Democrat, selectman
- Norwalk: Democrat, mayor
- Norwich: Democrat, mayor
- Sherman: Democrat, selectman
- South Windsor: Republican, town council
- Stratford: Democrat, mayor and council 3
- Stamford: Democrat, mayor and board of representatives districts 6, 13
- Stamford: Republican, mayor and board of representatives districts 13, 18
- Torrington: Democrat, mayor
- West Haven: Democrat, mayor, treasurer, tax collector, board of education, board of assessment appeals, council at large and council districts 1-10
- Woodbury: Republican, first selectman