A man who said he was walking from Columbus, Georgia to Miami was arrested after he was seen strolling naked along the highway, Sebastian Police said.
Authorities found Jon Erik Meyer near the intersection of Main Street and U.S. Highway 1 on Nov. 11, after responding to reports of "a naked suspicious person walking south on the sidewalk," police said.
The 22-year-old man was found naked and sitting on a concrete curb, the arrest report said.
Meyer seemed confused when talking to police but said he was on his way to Miami, authorities said.
Meyer then told police he had taken off his clothes while he was walking on the sidewalk, his arrest report said.
The officer smelled a slight odor of alcohol. Mayer told police he had previously taken a cough suppressant, authorities said.
Meyer was arrested on a disorderly intoxication charge. It wasn't immediately known if he had an attorney.
More NBC6.com Stories:
- Pile of Skinned Animal Carcasses Sparks Investigation
- Unruly Passenger Screams: 'There's a Bomb on The Plane!'
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now
- Beer Thieves' Balcony Escape Backfires
- PHOTOS: Outrageous Black Friday Behavior
- Breeder Fears Thieves May Eat His High-Dollar Goats