This recipe makes six to eight servings.
- 1 pound linguini, cooked in salted water until desired doneness, strained and set aside
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 strips of bacon, minced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, smashed
- ½ Tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ Tsp. pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 8-ounce bottle of clam juice
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, minced bacon, chopped onion and smashed garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until mixture is soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the dried thyme and pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour in the white wine and bring to a simmer. Lower heat and simmer until wine is reduced by about half.
- Add the clam juice to the pot and return to a simmer and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the butter and parsley. Then add the shrimp and pasta and cook for 45 seconds. Add the juice of 1 lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with grated pecorino cheese