- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. Beaten Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts-cut into ½” thick strips
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Scallions-chopped
- 1 tsp. Ginger-grated or chopped finely
- 1 tsp. Garlic-chopped finely
- 2 Cups Asian Cabbage- Napa or Bok Choy
- 1 Cup Carrots-shredded
- ½ Cup Hoisin Sauce
- As needed: toasted sesame seeds and crispy Asian noodles for garnish
Whisk together the cornstarch, egg and vegetable oil until smooth. Add the sliced chicken and marinate the chicken with the cornstarch, egg, and oil for 1 hour or overnight under refrigeration.
Heat a saute pan or wok on medium high heat. Add the second measure of vegetable oil to pan and add the chicken, cooking for about 1 minute on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and add the scallions, ginger, and garlic. Cook stirring for about 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the cabbage and carrots, tossing to evenly wilt. Cook for about 2 minutes, leaving the cabbage still crunchy if desired. Return the chicken back to pan, add the hoisin sauce. Toss until everything is coated well with the sauce.
Serve garnished with toasted sesame seeds, fried chow mein noodles if desired. Serves four.