Autumn Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash, Apples, and Maple-Sherry Vinaigrette
| Tuesday, Oct 8, 2013 | Updated 2:27 PM EDT
- 2 cups Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and diced into ¾-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 apple, diced
- 4 cups salad greens, any kind
- Heat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Place the squash in a bowl and toss with the first measure of canola oil, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay out on sheet pan in one even layer. Place it in the oven and roast for about 25 minutes or until are tender and lightly browned. Reserve.
- In bowl, whisk together the vinegar and maple smooth.
- Gradually drizzle in a second measure of canola oil while whisking to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine in a bowl the salad greens, roasted squash, and apples.
- Coat with enough dressing to evenly moisten.
- Divide onto serving plates and enjoy!