Is you love BLTs, you will love this salad.
This recipe makes one quart.
- 6 strips of thick-cut bacon, cooked, drained and chopped
- 4 cups of cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup croutons
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 12 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ Tsp. sugar
- A couple of grinds of fresh ground black pepper
- One head of romaine, shredded
- Place the chopped cooked bacon, tomato halves, croutons, diced red onion and basil in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Toss with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt, sugar and a couple of grinds of black pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and sugar if needed.
- Serve over shredded romaine.