This recipe serves four.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tsp. garlic, minced
- ½ Tsp. cumin
- ¼ Tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup cooked, shredded turkey meat
- 4 corn tortillas
- As needed, vegetable oil, as needed for frying
- As needed, shredded jack cheese, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, cilantro sprigs, sour cream and lime wedges.
- Prepare BBQ sauce by heating a saute pan on medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and onions. Cook for about two minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic, cumin and coriander, then cook for 30 seconds.
- Add vinegar, ketchup, molasses and honey. Whisk until smooth. Stir in the shredded turkey. Reserve warm to serve with tostadas.
- To fry tostadas, heat ½-inch of vegetable oil in a saute pan wide enough to fit your corn tortillas to 350 degrees f. Fry one tortilla at a time, flipping after the first side gets light golden. Remove to drain. Season once out of the oil. Repeat with other tortillas.
- Top each fried tortilla with the shredded BBQ turkey and jack cheese and sprinkle any of the suggested garnishes above.