This recipe makes six servings.
- 2 ½ pound beef brisket
- 1 package Lipton beef onion soup mix
- 1 cup small diced onion
- 10 oz. container of fresh button mushroom, quartered
- 2 cups cola
- Place the brisket in a slow cooker and coat with 1 package soup mix.
- Top with diced onion and button mushrooms.
- Carefully pour in two cups of cola and cover with parchment paper.
- Place lid on slow cooker and set to low.
- Cook for eight to 10 hours and remove brisket to cutting board.
- Pour braising liquid in a sauce pot and reduce by half.
- Slice the brisket and it top with mushrooms and onions from the reduced braising liquid.
- Pour the remaining liquid in a gravy pitcher and serve on the side.